Saturday, July 22, 2017

In My Mailbox #298

Just busy dying. I had my hospital surgery yesterday. Plus side, didn't have to take something awful first, like they told me I had to. Called the surgeon, and he said that I didn't need to. Hmph. So happy about that. But yeah. They put me to sleep, and then exam started. He said it went really well, and things look good, no new fistulas or abscesses. So yay for that. But, well. He also finally removed the seton thread I had in the older fistula. And holy crap I'm in a lot of pain right now. Not getting into too many details, but I had this one in the worst place, and now everything hurts. So much blood. Had a high fever last night too. And puked today. And uuugh. Not feeling good at all. But hoping this will heal fast.. fingers crossed. It doesn't look too bad, because it's mostly on the inside. But yeah. Still blood and pain. So trying to deal with that this weekend. Sigh. Three new blog posts this week. I posted my Book Recommendation of Flashfall. <3 Love it so. And my review of Flashtide :D And this week I'm waiting on Reign the Earth. <3 Because of my hospital visit yesterday, I wasn't in the mood to read anything after Flashtide until after that. So hoping to start a new book today :D Just need the energy. Body sucks at the moment. Oh, well. Please let me heal better. And fast. Ahh. Tired of pain all the goddamn time. And now I must have a break from spa bath too. At least a week, maybe. Uugh. But, plus side, we are finally getting a week of sun and heat from tomorrow :D Yesss. Will be outside. Despite pain. I need more heat, finally. Anyway. Not much mail this week, but still some gorgeous things :D Eee. And more next week too.. and, well, all the weeks to come, lol. Always getting mail. <3 Despite very, very little room left for more. Ahh. So rude.



The Forgetting. Stunning new US paperback edition of this lovely book. <3 Just love it so so much. Sigh.
A Shadow Bright and Burning. Since I got book two, had to get this one :D And I'm reading it next. Ack.
The Girl With the Ghost Machine. Thank you so much Kristie :D SO happy with this ARC. <3 Love love.
Riders. Eee, thank you Whitney for trading me this gorgeous ARC :D I love it so. And postcard too :D
Bukowski Plush. Got these from my mom. And eee. Tiny seal. Love. And big bunny. So fluffy. Love it so.


More Instagram photos here. <3

5 comments:

  1. Aw, hope you feel better soon! <3 :( Goodness, I don't blame you for not having the energy to read. I've been sick for 3 weeks, just like a really bad cold that I think has had 3 resurgences with different strains of viruses since I work at the hospital . . . and when you feel like crapoli you just don't want to do anything, do you?

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat looks like he ate something and wants more. You got awesome haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, Carina, take it easy! Don't worry about commenting or reading or blogging, just try and relax and heal! I'm so sorry you're in a lot of pain but I'm glad the surgery went well for the most part. :/ Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Carina! I'm so sorry to hear you had to have a surgery! Glad to hear it went well, and I hope the pain goes away and you recover soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you were in so much pain and discomfort. I hope you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)